The data on this page is published under the Open Government Licence. This is a free open licence for public sector bodies to license the use and re-use of their information and data easily.
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 was published by the Department for Communities and Local Government in February 2015. The Code sets out key principles for local authorities in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data.
If you are intending to use or re-use any of our data, please note the conditions of the Open Government Licence
Expenditure of £250
This includes costs, supplier and transaction information.
Any sole trader or body acting in a business capacity in receipt of payments of at least £250 of public money should expect such payments to be transparent.
Under the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011, Local Authorities are required to publish:
- the number of employees whose remuneration in the year was at least £50,000 (in £5,000 brackets)
- details of remuneration and job title of certain senior employees whose salary is at least £50,000
- the name of any employees whose salaries are £150,000 or more
In addition, Local Authorities must provide a list of the responsibilities, bonuses and ‘benefits-in-kind’ for all employees whose salary exceeds £50,000.
This information is available in our Statement of Accounts, which can be found under Financial Management
Senior salaries organisational chart
An organisational chart of the staff structure of the local authority including salary bands and details of currently vacant posts.
The latest version can be found under Part 7 of the Constitution
The ‘pay multiple’ – the ratio between the highest paid salary and the median average salary of the whole of the authority’s workforce. A report containing the pay multiple was submitted to Council in February.
Gender Pay Gap
In line with the legislation, our Gender Pay Gap Report, along with an Infographic has been prepared using a snapshot of information as at 31 March 2017.
Trade Union Facility Time
Publication of Trade Union Facility Time (paid time off for union representatives to carry out trade union duties).
Contracts and Tenders
Copies of Contracts and Tenders to businesses and to the voluntary community and social enterprise sector.
Grants to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector should be clearly itemised and listed.
Local Community Budget
The Local Community Budget is a discretionary grant which councillors can allocate to support the local communities that they represent.
Revenue collected from on and off-street parking and parking enforcement notices can be found in our Budget Book under Financial Management.
Public Asset Register
The location of public land and building assets and key attribute information that is normally recorded on asset registers.
Controlled Parking Spaces
The number of marked out controlled on and off-street parking spaces.
- Old Town Car Parks - pdf (252.7 KB) - opens document in new window
- Town Centre Car Parks Map - pdf (347.0 KB) - opens document in new window
- Permitted Bays Count - July 2022 - pdf (148.0 KB) - opens document in new window
- Permitted Bays Count - July 2022 - csv (612 Bytes)) - opens document in new window
- Car Park Spaces Data - May 2022 - pdf (126.6 KB) - opens document in new window
- Car Park Spaces Data - May 2022 - csv (1.5 KB) - opens document in new window
Social Housing Asset Value
The value of social housing stock that is held in the Housing Revenue Account.
Annual publication of Fraud Information contains the following information:
- The number of occasions they use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers.
- The total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud.
- The total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists.
- The total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud.
- The total number of fraud cases investigated.