Community Grants Programme
In previous years, we have invited local voluntary and community organisations to submit applications for financial support.
Funding for voluntary and community organisations
Applications for funding were assessed against a range of criteria and grants were awarded according to how the funding bid would benefit the residents of Stevenage.
You may have seen in the news that Councils are experiencing financial pressures because of the tough efficiency savings imposed by the Government. In line with this, we have unfortunately had to reduce the amount available for community funding.
Our considerations have also been guided by the current government themes of decentralisation and localism. Localism involves a shift in the relationship between Councils and residents. Councils have a greater responsibility to strengthen the capacity of communities and individuals to find local solutions to local problems.
Instead of spreading the reduced funding more thinly across the board, we feel it is better to fund fewer organisations and to concentrate on addressing the needs of the more vulnerable and disadvantaged residents of Stevenage. Consequently, we have chosen to support the services of those local organisations we believe are best placed to help us deliver our priorities.
- Community Funding 2019-20 - pdf (161.2 KB) - opens document in new window
- Community Funding 2018-19 - pdf (175.1 KB) - opens document in new window
- Community Funding 2017-18 - pdf (221.0 KB) - opens document in new window
- Community Funding 2015-16 - pdf (177.2 KB) - opens document in new window
- Rent In Kind and Rent Free Garage Allocations 2015-16 - pdf (134.5 KB) - opens document in new window