Local Community Budgets
The Local Community Budget Grant Scheme is open and applications can be made online using the Community Budget online form.
When applying for a grant, please note the following:
- Please contact your local Councillor before you apply for a grant.
- The minimum grant amount that can be awarded by each Councillor or the Youth Mayor is now £100.
- Your organisation must hold a bank account and a valid email address.
- You must advise us of the wards that your project will cover.
What can the grant be used for?
A grant from the Local Community Budget scheme can be used for:
- a contribution to a local fun day;
- making environmental changes;
- purchasing equipment; or
- match funding for a larger scheme or activity.
You can have a say where this money is spent.
How much funding is available?
Our Councillors each have a budget of £1,500 and the Youth Mayor a budget of £2,000, making a total of £60,500 to be allocated to support initiatives across the borough.
Do you have any ideas on how to improve your neighbourhood or know of a community group or organisation in your area that needs some financial help?
Applying for Grant
Applications for 2021/22 are now open.
Monitoring of grants
If you are awarded a grant, we may ask you to provide evidence of how your local community budget grant was spent. Please remember to retain receipts, invoices, and if available, press releases and photographs of the project.
Completed monitoring forms will be requested within six months of your application.
Register of Local Community Budgets
The scheme was launched in 2011 and has been helping community groups and organisations to develop an idea, support an existing initiative or deliver a local priority.
If you require more information regarding Local Community Budgets, please call us on 01438 242242 or email, email@example.com.