If you are a tenant living in social housing and in a home that is larger than you need, downsizing is an option that you may wish to consider.
People downsize to a smaller home for lots of different reasons. It may not be right for everyone, but is it right for you?
Advantages to Downsizing
There are plenty of advantages when it comes to downsizing:
- Lower household running costs
- Reducing rent payments
- Reducing time spent on housework and gardening
- Changing location
- Finding a property more suitable for your needs
- Removing the need to pay the Bedroom Tax
- Moving to a sheltered environment.
Help and Support
There is plenty of help available for people looking to downsize, with some incentives available to these include:
- Cash payments (amounts vary dependent on property size and circumstances)
- Support to find a suitable property
- Assistance with moving, where possible
It can be a daunting time to leave a home you’ve lived in for a long time and downsizing it a big decision.
We totally understand, and that’s why our downsizing team are there to support you every step of the way, offering advice and guidance throughout the entire process.
If you are interested in moving to a smaller property and would like to find out more, please get in touch with our downsizing team today!
Telephone on 01438 242096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org