Planning Policy Consultations
Stevenage Cycle Hire Consultation
This consultation closed on 24 September 2023.
We are working with the Stevenage community and businesses to introduce a Stevenage Cycle Share Scheme.
The Stevenage Cycle Share Scheme aims to transform travel across Stevenage, making active travel the number one choice for travelling to work, educational facilities, and shopping as well as for leisure and visiting family and friends.
- Encourage a change in the way we use local transport by providing an efficient complement to public transport
- Offer an alternative to driving for short trips, reducing congestion and air pollution
- Make cycle share available to the public at a low cost
- Improve access to jobs, education, and amenities with “first/last mile” connectivity
- Increased number of people cycling, leading to improved health and wellbeing
The closing date for the consultation is midnight on the 24 September 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Stevenage Station Gateway Area Action Plan Consultation
Stevenage Gateway Area Action Plan Consultation
Consultation for the Area Action Plan was held from 30 January to 18 March.
As part of the regeneration of the town, the area around the Railway Station bounded by the railway tracks and Lytton Way has been identified as a key site for new development and change.
An Area Action Plan aims to:
- provide specific guidance on how new developments and changes to local spaces can be made, reflecting the unique circumstances of the area
- help to overcome the challenges the area faces, now and in the future
- ensure that changes benefit the community and act as a catalyst for developers interested in supporting this important part of planning policy
This consultation closed on Saturday 18 March. Documents relating to the consultation are available to view below.
- Stevenage Station Gateway AAP Preferred Options Report Executive Summary - pdf (2.8 MB) - opens document in new window
- Stevenage Station Gateway AAP Preferred Options Report - pdf (8.7 MB) - opens document in new window
- SEA Directive - Screening AAP Jan 2023 with responses - pdf (163.5 KB) - opens document in new window
If you have any queries regarding this consultation, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Policy Team, firstname.lastname@example.org.