Skip to content

Paying your rent

If you are struggling to pay your rent, it is vitally important that you contact your landlord to set up an arrangement to pay.

If you are a council tenant, you can contact your Income Adviser on 01438 242666.

Paying your service charges

If you are having trouble paying your service charges, contact us as soon as possible to make an arrangement to pay. You can contact your Service Charge Adviser on 01438 242666.

Rent/service charges information

You can find information about your rent or service charges in your Housing online account. Use the link below to access, or sign up for an account.

Housing Online Account - opens new windowExternal Link - opens in a new window

Managing debt and budgeting

Use the Budgeting and Advice Debt Handbook to get general financial advice and a financial statement for yourself and a clear picture of your overall budget.

Benefit calculator

Turn 2 Us have a Benefit Calculator that can:

  • give you an indication of the types of means-tested benefits you may be entitled to;
  • help you to identify if you are claiming all that you should be; and
  • tell you if there is any way you can increase your income.

Council Tax and Benefits

For your Council Tax / Benefit information you will need to sign up for a Revenues and Benefits online account.

Revenues and Benefits Online Account

Who else can provide support?

Citizens Advice Bureau Stevenage (03444 111 444) provide in depth advice and assistance, and help with benefits checks.

Stepchange Debt (0800 138 111) can provide in depth debt advice and set up a payment plan for you and deal with your creditors directly.

National Debt Helpline (0808 808 4000.) provide free debt advice over the phone.

Christians Against Poverty (0800 328 0006) provide in depth debt advice and can set up a payment plan for you and deal with your creditors directly.