Skip to content

First point of contact

Every council tenant, leaseholder or resident of our estates has a dedicated Income Officer and Housing Officer.

Income Officer

Your Income Officer is responsible for:

  • managing any rent arrears that may accrue on your account;
  • providing support and advice if you are having problems paying your rent;
  • taking action when your rent has not been paid; and
  • providing you with general money and welfare benefit advice.

If you have any queries regarding your account or are having trouble paying your rent, please contact your Income Officer on 01438 242666.

Housing Officer

Your Housing Officer has a generic role, providing a housing management service to residents on a tenure neutral basis. As well as being responsible for ensuring that your tenancy or lease is managed effectively, they also have other responsibilities:

  • Carrying out regular inspections of our flat blocks and estates.
  • Carrying out settling in visits for council tenants when they move in.
  • Dealing with requests for tenancy changes or lease alterations.
  • Ensuring that the terms of your tenancy and lease are followed.
  • Identifying repairs and investigating complaints you may have with your home.
  • Identifying third party support for you when required.
  • Investigating neighbour disputes or other cases of nuisance or anti-social behaviour.
  • Investigating tenancy fraud.
  • Signposting you to where legal advice can be sought.

Your Housing Officer will be happy to answer any questions you have about your home.

Housing Officers can be contacted at or call 01438 242666.