Pavements and Pathways
Depending on the problem or enquiry you have about pavement and pathway maintenance and obstruction, it may be Hertfordshire County Council, the Police, or ourselves that can help you.
You can report issues with roads, highways and street lighting to Hertfordshire Highways.
Report to us
Please report the following to us:
- Vehicular obstruction of dropped kerbs and vehicles parked on waiting restrictions e.g. yellow lines (if no restrictions, then see Police below).
- Street care and cleaning - rubbish and fouling of the streets
- Street name plates - damaged or illegible street name plates
- Damaged pavements and roads in the town centre
- Council hedge overhanging a footpath
Report to the police
Vehicles parked causing an obstruction should be reported to the Police. The exception is where there is also a waiting restriction (yellow lines) on the adjacent roadway, in which case the nuisance should be reported to us.
Website: Hertfordshire Constabulary
Telephone: 101, 01707 354000 or 999 in an emergency
Stevenage Borough Council