Highways and Street Lighting
Problems with roads, highways and street lighting are the responsibility of Herts County Council.
The following issues should be reported to Hertfordshire County Council:
- Maintenance of Roads & Pavements
- Dropped kerbs for private driveways
- dangerous paving
- damaged footpath
- damaged carriageway
- highway signs (not including street name plates)
- public utility trench works, for example BT, Nynex, SEC etc.
- winter gritting routes
- a street light or pothole
- private hedge/tree overhanging footpath
- Obstruction such as:
- advertising A-boards
- a skip or scaffolding obstructing the pavement
- building work affecting pedestrian safety
- building materials are blocking the pavement
- an advertising board is blocking the pavement
- banners or bunting causing an obstruction
To contact Hertfordshire Highways, please visit their website Hertfordshire Highways or call 0300 1234 047.