Skip to content

Problems with roads, highways and street lighting are the responsibility of Herts County Council.

The following issues should be reported to Hertfordshire County Council:

  • Maintenance of Roads & Pavements
  • Dropped kerbs for private driveways
  • dangerous paving
  • damaged footpath
  • damaged carriageway
  • highway signs (not including street name plates)
  • public utility trench works, for example BT, Nynex, SEC etc.
  • winter gritting routes
  • a street light or pothole
  • private hedge/tree overhanging footpath
  • Obstruction such as:
    • advertising A-boards
    • a skip or scaffolding obstructing the pavement
    • building work affecting pedestrian safety
    • building materials are blocking the pavement
    • an advertising board is blocking the pavement
    • banners or bunting causing an obstruction


To contact Hertfordshire Highways, please visit their website Hertfordshire Highways or call 0300 1234 047.