Skip to content

Do I need to give notice?

If you want to hold a temporary 'licensable activity' anywhere in Stevenage at any premises (including any place, area, or private land), you must serve us with a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) at least ten working days before the event.

You must also give a copy of the notice to the police at least ten working days before the event.

A TEN may be given in respect of any premises. This includes those that are not currently licensed and/or those licensed premises that want to temporarily derogate from their licence conditions for a temporary period.

Applicants intending to hold events where the number of TEN’s permitted have been exceeded will need to apply for either a personal licence, a premises licence or a club premises certificate.

Environmental Health and Licensing

Daneshill House





01438 242908 / 242916