Current Major Works
Major Refurbishment Contract
We are undertaking a programme of major refurbishment work to blocks of flats (not including the tower blocks).
Work will vary from block to block and will be dependent on a detailed survey of each block. This work will not include maintenance and repair of your own premises, which will normally be the interior parts of your flat. Your lease should have a definition of what is included within your premises and therefore, what is your responsibility.
The whole town-wide programme of work will be carried out over five years. We will let you have a programme showing which year each block will have work done, once all the work is planned.
To see the progress we have already made, take a look at the presentations from our partners Wates and Mulalley.
As a leaseholder, you will be aware that under the terms of your lease, you are required to contribute towards the costs of this work. We have produced details of the types of Major Works consultation process and our Payments Options policy.
- Section 20 Notice of Intention - pdf (96.9 KB) - opens document in new window
- Leasehold Major Works FAQs - pdf (277.3 KB) - opens document in new window
- Services Charges - How to read your estimate - pdf (698.7 KB) - opens document in new window
- Section 20 Notice of Proposals - pdf (91.7 KB) - opens document in new window
- Leaseholder Notification - which year are you in - pdf (79.0 KB) - opens document in new window
- Your questions answered - pdf (423.0 KB) - opens document in new window
Major works by area
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic we are re-programming the remaining years. This will be updated soon.
If you would like to discuss anything you have read here or have any further questions, please contact us.
LEASE offer lots of impartial advice regarding your leasehold property.
Investment Team - Major Works
Stevenage Borough Council