Stevenage Day Terms and Conditions
1. You are not permitted to operate any mechanical fairground style rides or games without specific authorisation from the organisers.
2. You are not permitted to sell alcoholic drinks or give them away as prizes.
3. You are not permitted to sell any food or beverages intended for consumption on the showground. This includes ice-cream, burgers, teas and candy floss. You may sell such items as pre-wrapped home-made cakes, jam and pickles etc subject to your being satisfied that you comply with all known hygiene regulations. If you do intend to sell food items, please state clearly on the form the type or types of items you intend to sell.
4. Entry onto the showground on the day will be from 8:30am. Vehicles must be removed by 11:30am and cannot return until 5:30pm.
5. Where special permission is granted to keep a vehicle on the showground it must remain parked between 12noon and 5:30pm unless authorised by an organiser of the event.
6. Entry to the showground is by Ditchmore Lane ONLY and the exit is by Sish Lane ONLY. When on site, Vehicles MUST follow the one-way system and travel at no more than 5 mph.
7. If you erect a tent, gazebo or similar structure you should use one that is framed. If you use one which has guide ropes, these ropes must be covered with hazard tape or similar, the structure must be secured to the ground or weighted at all times.
8. You are responsible for all waste which is created by you, and which arises around your stall. All waste MUST be cleared-up and taken away when your stall is removed waste disposal points are available on the day.
9. You are responsible for supplying your own tables and equipment.
10. If you need to use a generator or other power supply, please contact the organiser for specific guidance and authorisation.
11. You are responsible for completing and submitting your own risk assessment form (where applicable – Trade and Businesses only)
12. You are required to comply with health and safety guidance & legislation, the event organisation plan and any other matters deemed appropriate by the organisers.
13. If you intend to play live or recorded music, you must state this clearly on the form and the organisers will contact you to discuss this further.
14. You are responsible for the security of your own stall at all times from the moment you enter the showground until the moment you leave the showground.
15. You may set up the day before, but you will be required to have person(s) present at all times, you are responsible and liable for your own equipment and goods. Set-ups the day before must be agreed in advance by organisers.
16. All vehicles on site must have valid and appropriate insurance.
17. Commercial, trade and statutory organisations must provide copies of valid public and employee liability insurance certificates.
18. No refunds will be given for cancellation of pitch space. In the event of the organisers cancelling due to adverse weather conditions, a full refund will be provided.
19. The organisers have the right to change the location of the allocated space, if so required.
20. The organisers have the right to change\adapt or close down a stall for any infringement of the terms and conditions.
21. No BB guns, replica guns, crossbows or weapons will be permitted.
22. Only by agreeing to these conditions together with full payment will you be offered a pitch space.
23. Inflatables and Funfair equipment - must comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive:
- Guidance: Bouncy castles and other play inflatables: safety advice
- Fairgrounds and amusement parks: Guidance on safe practice ISBN:9780717666638
You will need to evidence inspection schemes by PIPA or ADiPs, provide method statements and Risk Assessments to support this and a copy of an appropriate and up-to-date insurance policy which includes P&E insurance.
For points of clarification or for more information please contact Robbie Bratchell, Corporate Events Manager, Stevenage Borough Council, Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 1HN
Tel: 01438 242868
Stevenage Borough Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and may use some or all the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud and other offences. It may also share this information with other public bodies for the same purposes.