Report Illegal Parking
Report a vehicle parked in breach of Traffic Regulation Orders
Our Civil Enforcement Officers can issue Penalty Charge Notices when vehicles park in breach of formal parking restrictions, introduced following implementation of Traffic Regulation Orders.
Examples of enforceable parking contraventions:
- Vehicles parked on double or single yellow lines
- Vehicles parked in a resident permit scheme without a valid permit
- Vehicles overstaying a time limited parking
- Vehicles parked without displaying a valid blue badge in a disabled bay where a sign and road markings indicate "Disabled Badge Holders Only" (but not an advisory disabled bays where there is no sign or Traffic Regulation Order)
- Vehicles parked more than 50 cm from the edge of the kerb in the carriageway
- Vehicles parked alongside a dropped kerb (but not opposite a dropped kerb)
- Vehicles blocking a residential dropped kerb (but only if enforcement requested by the house occupier). For information about residential access markings please see our Obstruction of Dropped Kerbs page.
You will be asked some questions to check the criteria is met before we send an Officer. You will need the registration of the vehicle(s) you are reporting. We cannot issue fines where no parking restrictions exist. To report an individual case of illegal parking as it happens please contact the Parking Office on:
- 01279 502039 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- 01279 655261 out of hours between 5pm and 8pm Monday to Friday, and between 9am and 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Please note that our Civil Enforcement Officers do not have the power to remove vehicles.
If there are no formal parking restrictions we will not be able to issue penalty charge notices. In such cases you should contact the Police on 101 (their non-emergency number). To report other general parking problems please see the Parking Obstruction page