Let's Talk About Suicide - Free Training
Free training is available for anyone in Hertfordshire to learn how to identify the signs someone – whether they are an adult or a child - might be experiencing suicidal thoughts and behaviour.
The training will also help you to feel more comfortable speaking about suicide in a supportive manner and to know where to signpost someone who needs help.
Thousands of us experience suicidal thoughts and feelings every single day and with COVID-19 and the cost-of-living crisis in effect we are now amid a mental health crisis.
- Could YOU spot the signs of someone who is struggling with their mental health?
- Would YOU know how to have the conversations with someone?
- Would YOU feel comfortable saying the word SUICIDE to a loved one or colleague?
- Would YOU be able to save a life!
Local businesses, organisations and groups are being asked to get involved and allow employees to take the FREE 20-minute online Suicide Prevention Training.
The training will help employees, employers, and individuals to understand and look out for one another.
The training will teach you how to;
- SEE the signs of someone in crisis,
- SAY the words to them and
- SIGNPOST the way to support
It isn’t always easy to open up and talk but putting these early training provisions and steps in place can;
- help with work mentality,
- reduce staff sickness, and
- could SAVE A LIFE.
If you prefer they can come in to your company totally FREE and provide a sit down training session.
To find out more, book the training or if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to get in contact.
If you or someone you know need urgent help, contact one of the services below immediately.
- Childline: call 0800 1111
- Samaritans: call 116 123
- Anna Freud Centre Crisis Messenger: text to 85258.
If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.