Skip to content

At the present time, we are unable to offer any grants or loans to home-owners for repair works.

The following organisations may be able to provide advice on your options if you are a home-owner and you are struggling to pay for essential repair works to your property:

If you are a private tenant and you are having difficulty getting your landlord to carry out repairs then you can report this to Environmental Health:


Tel: 01438 242908

If you require advice about having disabled adaptation works carried out in your home, please refer to information about Disabled Facilities Grants.

Who is eligible for a grant?

A grant or loan may be available to owner-occupiers to pay for repairs, improvements and energy. 

Eligibility is dependent on the age of the applicant and receipt of certain income or related benefits.

All of these grants and loans are discretionary and there is a very limited budget. Enquiries will be prioritised according to the urgency of the works and the applicant's individual circumstances. The availability of these grants/loans may be withdrawn at any time.

Home Improvement Loan

A Home Improvement Loan may be offered for works to remove a significant risk to the health, safety or welfare of the occupants (a category one hazard under the Housing Act 2004).

To qualify, you must have owned and lived in your home for at least one year and be in receipt of a qualifying means tested benefit.

The loan must be repaid in full when you move.

Minor Works Grant

A minor works grant may be available to help owner occupiers carry out small repairs where there is an imminent risk to the health, safety or welfare of the occupants and the applicant is in receipt of a qualifying means tested benefit.

You must repay the grant in full if you move within 10 years.

Environmental Health and Licensing

Daneshill House





01438 242908 / 242916