What if I find a water leak in my home?
There are steps that you should take if you find a major water leak in your home. If you find a major water leak:
- turn the water off at the mains and the stop cock.
- turn the electricity off at the mains if the leak could come into contact with electrical appliances.
- turn on all the taps in the kitchen and bathroom to drain the pipes more quickly.
- keep children away from the water if it is hot.
- switch off the central heating if this is the problem.
Report the problem to the Repairs Service Department on (freephone number), 0800 1123 444.
For emergency out of hours number, please call 01438 314963.