If you live in Harrow Court, Brent Court, High Plash, High Croft or The Towers please follow the guidance below otherwise please see our Stay Put Policy
If you hear the communal alarm, air horn or knocking at your door, react and follow the designated means of escape to the fire assembly point.
If you discover a fire
- Warn all persons in your flat and leave together.
- Ensure you close all doors on the way out, particularly the front door.
- Leave the building and activate the alarm using the nearest call point on your way out.
Do not attempt to return to your flat until given permission to do so by the Fire Brigade.
If you hear the fire alarm
- Evacuate the building by the nearest available escape route or as directed by the Patrol Teams and / or Fire Brigade.
- If you have visitors, instruct them to follow you. Always close doors behind you.
- Do not put yourself at risk or cause delay.
- Leave the building by the nearest available exit and move away to the fire assembly point.
Call the fire service
- Dial 999 or 112
- When the operator answers, give them your telephone number and ask for fire.
- When the fire service reply, give them the address where the fire is.
Do not end the call until told to by the fire service.
If you have any questions please call Stevenage Borough Council on 01438 242242