Major Refurbishment Contract
What type of work will be done?
We are carrying out a programme of refurbishment work to blocks of flats (not including the tower blocks).
The works to each block may include the following.
- Roofs - repairs or full replacements
- Windows - repairs or replacements
- Communal doors - replacement wherever possible
- Structural repairs and alterations
- Internal and external redecoration to communal areas
- Communal floor coverings
- Communal and emergency lighting
- External works including walls, fencing and paving
- Fire safety works
- Rewiring to blocks including; communal area power and lighting; lateral mains supply to individual flats.
- Door entry systems - wherever possible
- Block signage
Works to each block may vary. All aspects of the block, building and communal areas will be reviewed individually and potentially form part of this contract.
Major works by area
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we re-programmed the remaining years. The contract has now been extended from a 5 year contract to a 7 year contract in order to enable all works to be completed.
The following report captures the social value initiatives and projects completed by Mulalley, including the operational and commercial highlights of the MRC programme to date.
Find more information on Mulalley and their Social Responsibilities
The following report captures the social value initiatives and projects completed by Wates, including the operational and commercial highlights of the MRC programme to date.
Find more information on Wates and their Social Responsibilities
Contractors and safety
All contractor staff are required to carry full face photo identification and all appointments will be made by prior arrangement. Please ask to see identification before letting anyone into your home. If you have any doubts about the identity of the person, please call our Customer Service Centre on 01438 242666.
If you have any further questions about the Major Refurbishment Contract please email us at Major.WorksInvestment@stevenage.gov.uk or call our Customer Service Centre on 01438 242666.