Major Refurbishment Contract
What type of work will be done?
We are carrying out a programme of refurbishment work to blocks of flats (not including the tower blocks).
The works to each block may include the following.
- Roofs - repairs or full replacements
- Windows - repairs or replacements
- Communal doors - replacement wherever possible
- Structural repairs and alterations
- Internal and external redecoration to communal areas
- Communal floor coverings
- Communal and emergency lighting
- External works including walls, fencing and paving
- Fire safety works
- Rewiring to blocks including; communal area power and lighting; lateral mains supply to individual flats.
- Door entry systems - wherever possible
- Block signage
Works to each block may vary. All aspects of the block, building and communal areas will be reviewed individually and potentially form part of this contract.
Major works by area
You will be contacted before any work is due to start. This is a rough guide only and dates may change.
- 2018/19 - Old Town, Roebuck and Longmeadow
- 2019/20 - Shephall, Bandley Hill, Symonds Green and Woodfield
- 2020/21 - Bedwell, Chells, Manor and Pin Green
- 2021/22 - Woodfield, Pin Green, Martins Wood and St. Nicholas
- 2022/23 - Martins Wood and St. Nicholas
All contractor staff are required to carry full face photo identification and all appointments will be made by prior arrangement. Please ask to see identification before letting anyone into your home. If you have any doubts about the identity of the person, please call our Customer Service Centre on 01438 242666.
Working closely with our contractors, we have reviewed government guidance and assessed all site activities to address the changes that need to be made. Operatives carrying out work will adhere to the government’s ‘Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance’ to ensure any such work may be carried out safely. If certain work cannot be undertaken safely due to a lack of suitably qualified personnel being available, or social distancing being implemented, it will not take place.
If you have any further questions about the Major Refurbishment Contract please email us at email@example.com or call our Customer Service Centre on 01438 242666.