Book a Pest Control Treatment
Types of pest treatment
SDK Environmental Ltd (SDK), provide a pest control service to commercial premises and residents of Stevenage. SDK can treat for most common pests, however, there is generally a charge. See Environmental Health Fees and Charges for a list of pests that can be treated and the fee payable.
Booking a treatment
Residents not in receipt of a qualifying benefit
Residents in privately owned or privately rented properties, including housing association tenants can book and pay for the treatment online.
Residents in receipt of a qualifying benefit.
Residents in privately owned or privately rented properties, including housing association, who are in receipt of a qualifying benefit may be eligible for a concessionary rate.
Visit the Environmental Health Fees and Charges link above, for details of all fees and eligibility for the concessionary rate.
To book a treatment at the concessionary rate:
- email email@example.com stating your name, address and telephone number and attach proof of benefit document. SDK will contact you by telephone usually within 2 working days
- telephone 03444 828 325
Treatment for rats, mice, bed bugs or cockroaches are free to Council tenants. To book a treatment :
- email firstname.lastname@example.org -stating your name, address, telephone number and your rent account number. SDK will contact you by telephone usually within 2 working days.
- telephone 03444 828 325
Council tenants wishing to book a treatment for all other pests:
- If you are not in receipt of a qualifying benefit you can book and pay for treatment online.
- If you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit email or telephone, you will need proof you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.
Our contractor aims to visit within 2-3 working days in cases of rats, mice, bedbugs or cockroaches and 4 days in other cases. Due to staff shortages at busy times, you may have to wait longer. The best way to book is by using the online link or email.
Make sure when booking for a Wasp treatment that you specify the correct pest. If on arrival a pre-booked wasp treatment is identified as bees, SDK will not be able to carry out the treatment and no refunds will be given.
- Nests can normally be treated up to a height of 6 metres
- If treatment is not possible for Environmental or Safety reasons, a full refund is offered
- If no nest is present or the problem is bees, a refund will not be provided
- Nests once treated are not removed as there is no need
- Treatments in lofts will be refused if lofts are not boarded
- Treatment cannot be carried out if underground
- Treatment cannot be carried out in chimneys
Preparation work is required to your furniture, bedding and clothing in order for a Bed Bug treatment to be carried. Please ensure that you read the fact sheet sent with your booking confirmation. If your property is not prepared adequately, our contractor will not be able to treat, and you may still be charged.
Brown Tail Moth Caterpillars
Please note, the council does not provide a treatment for Brown Tail Moth Caterpillars
Prepare for the visit
Carry out any measures identified by the contractor. Sometimes, you will be asked to do things before they visit (in the case of fleas or bedbugs), or you may be asked to carry out works to the property to prevent re-infestation (for squirrels or rats). If you don’t do these things, the contractor may not be able to treat the pest or eradicate the infestation.
Help us to help you
If you have a cat or dog, ensure that it is regularly treated for fleas using an appropriate product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Check your garden for signs of infestation, especially near sheds, compost heaps and any overgrown areas.
Let us know if you see rats in public places by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01438 242908/242916.