Over the years, Mayors have enjoyed working with and supporting many wonderful charities within the community.
So far £65,000 has been collected in donations made by individuals, companies and fundraising activities and charitable events.
Mayors have hosted Afternoon Teas, Auctions, Concerts, Eat for Charity Curry Nights, Gala Dinners, Music Nights, Quiz Nights, Raffles and taken part in Cycle Rides, Dragon Boat Races, Fashion Shows, Sponsored Slims and Swims, The Mayor’s Fund supports groups or themes such as arts, education, health and wellbeing, older people, palliative care, sport and young people.
The following charities received essential funds for their organisations:
- Age Concern Stevenage
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Arts Guild of Stevenage
- British Red Cross
- Carers in the Herts
- Combat Stress
- Garden House Hospice Care
- Just Be a Child
- Riding for the Disabled
- Royal British Legion
- Sport Stevenage
- Stevenage and North Hertfordshire Child Contact Centre
- Stevenage Cancer Hair Care
- Stevenage Community Trust
- Stevenage District Scouts
- Stevenage Furniture Recycling Scheme
- Stevenage World Forum
- The Betty Game Opportunities Trust
- The Phoenix Group for Deaf Children
- TRACKS Autism