Benefit from an energy efficient home
Making your home more energy efficient will not only help to reduce your carbon footprint, which is a crucial step in helping to tackle the climate emergency it could save you hundreds of pounds on your bills and help you to keep a warmer, happier, healthier home.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC ratings) are ranked from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and are available for homes that are either rented or have been sold in the past 10 years. You can find an energy certificate on GOV.UK.
Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme
If you're a Hertfordshire homeowner with a household income below £30,000, you may be eligible for up to £10,000 of work to make energy efficient improvements to your home.
This could include fitting loft insulation, cavity or solid wall insulation or energy-efficient heating. The funding covers the entire cost of the improvements, up to £10,000.
Energy Hub and Warmworks are delivering the scheme in Hertfordshire.
Who is eligible for the grant?
You may be eligible for funding if you meet certain criteria.
To be eligible for the scheme, you must:
- own a home in Hertfordshire that is currently rated as Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) D, E, F or G and:
- have a household income below £30,000.
If you have a household income above £30,000, you may still be eligible if you or someone in your household receives the following:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Universal Credit
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- Working Tax Credit
Funding is also available for private landlords, local authority-owned properties and social housing. However, a 33% contribution from the landlord is required and the maximum funding per property is £5,000.
How to apply
Applications for the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme are now open and can be made online. You can also register your interest by calling 0808 196 8255.