Skip to content

To be eligible for an assisted collection you must have a long-term medical condition, that prevents you from moving your bins to the boundary yourself. If this is the case and there is no one over the age of 16 to help (neighbours, friends or family) you may be able to apply.

You can apply for a short-term (maximum 6 months) or a long-term (maximum 1 year, renewable each year) service.

We may carry out visits to confirm that you are eligible and to make a risk assessment of your property. This is to ensure that the waste and recycling containers are in a location that is suitable and safe for our staff to collect.

Please note, you will need to apply for this service each year should you still require our help. You must tell us if your situation changes.

Use the online form below to request, renew or end assisted collection.

Request an assisted refuse and recycling collection - opens new windowExternal Link - opens in a new window