Passenger Fare Guide
The meter calculates the maximum fare based upon the time of day, the distance travelled and the vehicle speed. Please note: the meter should not be started until the journey starts.
Drivers must, unless they have good cause, accept any hiring that is wholly within the Stevenage boundary. A hiring beyond the Stevenage boundary is at the discretion of the driver.
The fare for a journey to a destination outside the Stevenage boundary may be negotiated between the driver and hirer. If no fare is agreed before the start of the journey, the fare cannot be more than that shown on the meter.
Note that fares and times may be higher than shown dependent on delays or slow-moving traffic. The fare shown, on the face of the meter, at the conclusion of the journey is the maximum fare that can be demanded; unless previously agreed with the driver as above.
|Tariff Code on the meter||1||2||3|
|Distance||Approximate journey time||Day 6am - 11pm||Night 11pm - 6am|
(and Bank Holidays)
|Christmas and New Year|
|1 mile||3-5 minutes||£5.40||£8.10||£10.80|
|2 miles||6-8 minutes||£7.60||£11.40||£15.20|
|3 miles||9-12 minutes||£9.80||£14.70||£19.60|
|5 miles||15-20 minutes||£14.20||£21.30||£28.40|
|10 miles||20-30 minutes||£25.20||£37.80||£50.40|
There is a minimum charge of £3.80 on weekdays and weekends.
The driver of this vehicle is legally obliged to carry assistance dogs – unless a medical exemption certificate is displayed within the vehicle. Wheelchairs, walking frames and assistance dogs travel at no extra cost.
Please see the Taxi Complaints and Feedback page for more information and to make a complaint online.
Hackney Carriage maximum fares
Applicable between 6am and 11pm, Monday to Sunday.
- For the first 528 yards £3.80
- For each additional 160 yards (or part thereof) 20p
- the equivalent of £2.20 for each additional mile.
- Waiting time = 30p per minute.
Applicable between 11pm and 6am, Monday to Sunday and 6am to 11pm on designated bank/public holidays and Easter Sunday and 6pm to 11pm on New Year's Eve and 6pm to 12am on Christmas Eve.
- For the first 528 yards £5.70.
- For each additional 160 yards (or part thereof) 30p
- the equivalent of £3.30 for each additional mile.
- Waiting time = 45p per minute.
Applicable all day, on Christmas Day, starting from 12.01am and Boxing Day and 11pm on New Year's Eve to 6am on New Year's Day.
- For the first 528 yards £7.60.
- For each additional 160 yards (or part thereof) 40p
- the equivalent of £4.40 for each additional mile.
- Waiting time = 60p per minute.
The below charges must be added on the meter at the start of the journey.
- Up to two items of baggage or shopping, 20p
- Three or more items of baggage or shopping, 40p (maximum).
- For each person in excess of one item of baggage, 20p.
Additional charges should total no more than £2.
Soiling charge (for whatever reason), £50 (maximum).