Your Neighbourhood Wardens
Meet your Neighbourhood Wardens
From left to right, your Neighbourhood Wardens are; Aldon Patience, Paul Batterbee and Sue Amey.
Aldon covers the Town Centre and can be contacted on 07702 916861.
Paul covers Bedwell & Pin Green and Chells & Manor and can be contacted on 07803 409016.
Sue covers Old Town, Symonds Green & Woodfield and St. Nicholas & Martins Wood and can be contacted on 07702 916859.
Next year, the Longmeadow & Roebuck and Shephall & Bandley Hill areas will be covered by a new edition to the team.
What do Neighbourhood Wardens do?
Your Neighbourhood Wardens are the eyes and ears of our community.
Each Neighbourhood Warden has a responsibility for specific wards in Stevenage and they each patrol their areas daily:
- "High visibility patrol" their given wards and report environmental issues like fly tipping, littering and dog fouling.
- Fault report any issues within the community to internal and external partners.
- Engage with the community and signpost residents to the correct departments within the Council.
- Resolve incidents and issues if they can and also advise on Council matters.
- Work closely with Ward Councillors to do any work that meets the needs of the community.
- Attend residents meetings.
- Support any community event such as Stevenage Day and local fetes.
Neighbourhood Wardens carry out various work in the community, from left to right:
- Working alongside Herts Constabulary and attending community safety days.
- Carrying out knife sweeps with PCSOs and dealing with cycling or electric scooters in the town centre.
- Assisting with painting planters at St Nicholas Shops.
Recently, the Wardens attended remembrance Sunday at the Bowling Green to ensure that the event was Covid-19 secure and that no members of the public tried to attend.