Modern Slavery Statement
Modern Slavery Act - Transparency Statement 2019-2020
Our vision for Modern Slavery
By working in partnership with local residents, Hertfordshire Police, organisations such as the Salvation Army and the Modern Slavery Helpline, we aim to make the borough of Stevenage an even safer place to live, work and visit. As a signatory of the Charter for Modern Slavery, we are also aware of our wider social responsibility and are committed to having a positive impact on the working conditions of all those involved in supplying our goods and services.
We have built on the success of our Stevenage Against Domestic Abuse service to make provisions for other vulnerable groups within the community, including those who may need assistance through a modern slavery support service. We have put in place the provisions to act as a First Responder to assist with the national referral mechanisms. Through this function, we will offer support and signposting to victims, including advice around accommodation and other wellbeing needs. The service will also aim to raise the profile of modern slavery across Stevenage to ensure greater public awareness.
Find out more about the SADA Modern Slavery Service.
Relevant Policies for our employees
Policies to enable our employees to better identify risks around exploitation such as modern slavery.
- Whistleblowing - to enable reporting of concerns about a danger or illegality that has a public interest to it, usually because it threatens others.
- Grievance - to enable reporting of any problem or complaint about work, working conditions or relationships with other employees.
- Sickness - to identify where health, wellbeing and work-life balance is causing an issue for an employee.
- Disciplinary - to ensure that a high standard of conduct and behaviour is maintained by all staff.
- Diversity and Equality - to ensure fair treatment of all employees and service users.
We have created an E-Learning module on modern slavery for all members of staff. This will increase awareness of how to identify signs of modern slavery and how better to support victims.
The key to our success will be the way we work co-operatively with partners and local communities to successfully eradicate all forms of modern slavery.