We're bringing the Museum into your home.
Visiting museums and galleries hasn’t been easy in the past year, and we’ve missed seeing you at Stevenage museum.
But the great news is that you can now come and visit our virtual museum!
While the physical exhibits are out of reach for now, you can spend as long as you like browsing around the virtual museum. We’ll also be adding videos, photos and other extras later in the year. Many thanks to local Hertfordshire company Striking Places for helping us get our virtual museum running.
Getting around the virtual museum
Click or tap on screen to move around the museum. To zoom in and out use your mouse wheel on a computer, or pinch on your mobile/tablet screen. Give it a go and see what you can find. Don’t worry, you can’t break anything in a virtual museum!
Can you find?
- Vincent Series A Rapid 1937 motorcycle
- Canon balls found in Broadwater left by soldiers in the English Civil War 1643
- Stone Age hand axes found in Fishers Green from around 100,000 years ago
- A 60s style kitchen as would have been fitted when the new town was built
- A Rapier missile that was developed in Stevenage
- The story of old town twins Albert and Ebenezer Fox
- A roman sandal found in Stevenage
Why don’t you?
- Make your first visit to Stevenage museum a virtual one?
- See if your children can find exhibits linked to their school history work?
- Look for things found in your part of Stevenage?
- Find out what Stevenage was like when your family moved here?
- Grandparents - screen share with your grandchildren in a video call and give them a guided tour of the museum and tell them about the things you remember
Join our mailing list
You can also sign up to our mailing list to keep in touch with what we’re still able to do, and our exciting plans post-lockdown.