Skip to content

Sometimes it is necessary for a footpath or bridleway to be stopped up or diverted in order to enable development to be carried out in accordance with planning permission granted by us.

We will consider the disadvantages, or loss which is likely to affect users of the route as a result of any changes. It should not be assumed that an order to stop up or divert a footpath or bridleway will be made simply because planning permission has been granted.

We also have powers to divert a public footpath.

If you want to apply for a diversion order, you will need to complete our application form. Please contact our Development Management team using the details below.

General Planning Enquiries

Development Management
Planning and Regulation
Stevenage Borough Council
Daneshill House

01438 242838 or call our Customer Service Department on 01438 242242 where your details will be passed over to the Planning Department for an officer to respond accordingly