The Stevenage Borough Local Plan (2011-2031) was submitted to the Secretary of State on 21 July, 2016 for independent examination.
Inspector Louise Crosby MA, MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate was appointed by the Secretary of State to carry out the examination of our Local Plan.
Inspector Crosby's task was to consider the soundness of our submitted plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework).
Our plan should be:
- Positively prepared
- it should be based on a strategy that looks at meeting objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements. This includes, where reasonable to do so, those unmet by our neighbours. It should also be consistent with achieving sustainable development.
- it should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence.
- it should be deliverable and based on effective joint working with partners and neighbours.
- Consistent with national policy
- it should enable the delivery of sustainable development set out by national policy.
The Inspector also considered whether the plan had been prepared in accordance with the Duty to Co-operate and met the legal and procedural requirements.
Stevenage Borough Council