This Girl Can Bursary
If you are female, over 16 years old, and live in Stevenage and would like to further your development, career, or education in sports this bursary may be for you.
We will consider applications if you wish to apply for the following:
- Sports / physical activity related coaching course
- Sports / physical activity training course (including first aid training and safeguarding)
- Sporting / Physical activity training qualification
- Sports Club memberships
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 24 March 2023.
You will receive an acknowledgement email within 5 working days to confirm your application has been received. You will then receive an outcome within 7 working days from the date we have acknowledged your application, to confirm if you have or have not been successful.
All applications are reviewed by the Stevenage Borough Council Leisure team to ensure you meet the requirements set out in the application guidance for the bursary funding. We may contact you if we have any queries regarding your application.
Please use this form in conjunction with the guidance notes, and please read the terms and conditions carefully.
Please note: We will not fund applications that are for gym memberships.
- You must be 16 years of age or over to be considered.
- You must be, or identify as female.
- You must be a current resident of Stevenage and fall within the Stevenage Borough Council catchment area.
- If you are applying for a club membership it would be preferable that the club is located within Stevenage however, applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- We will only consider applications made by one individual. You cannot apply on behalf of a team, group, or organisation.
- You can apply for up to a maximum of grant funding of £200 which will be paid by Stevenage Borough Council to the external organisation, provider or club. In the event that courses or training which cost over £200, then the additional funds will need to be covered by the applicant.
- Bursary funding is for training, coaching, courses and club memberships and cannot be used for ongoing staff costs or capital expenditure on buildings.
- If there are any special requirements regarding how the course is paid for, please provide more information on your application form and this will be reviewed on a case-by-case. We may contact you for further information.
- The organisation/club must have and provide a child protection policy, equality and diversity policy that meets national standards and is reviewed annually. This information will not be asked unless you are successful.
- Retrospective applications cannot be accepted. The fund cannot be used to apply for training or courses which have already taken place.
- All applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are applying for a club membership, a letter from the club must be provided to confirm that you requested to join the club. This information will be asked for once the application has reviewed.
If you have any queries or would like any further information please contact the Leisure team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.