Summer Sand arrives in Stevenage
Friday 5 August 2022, The Mayor of Stevenage - Cllr Margaret Notley and Cllr Sharon Taylor, Leader of Stevenage Borough Council officially opened Summer Sand for everyone to enjoy. The sand pit is near the clock tower in the town square and accessible every day, seven days a week.
Summer Sand is designed to offer people a bit of fun in the town centre whilst enjoying all it has to offer – summer, sand, sunshine, and a bit of shopping. The following safety measures have been put in place to help everyone have a wonderful experience.
Here are safety suggestions for anyone planning to play and have fun in the Summer Sand:
- Children should never be left unaccompanied
- Not to use the sand in extreme weather conditions
- Not to take liquids on the sand and to clear away after themselves
- Pets are not allowed by the sand area
- The public must respect this community facility
- Daily inspection of the sand area will take place and the area will/can be closed for cleaning and/or safety reasons.
Cllr Sharon Taylor, Leader of Stevenage Borough Council said, “We may be a bit of a way from the seaside here in Stevenage, but that doesn't get in the way of summer! Come along and enjoy the fun we are providing in the town centre for all age groups."
The project is sponsored by the council as part of its SG1 regeneration plans to transform the town centre.
The beach will remain in the town centre until September 2022.
For press enquiries contact Corporate Communications on 01438 242168 or email email@example.com.