Enterprise Car Club Launches in Stevenage
Enterprise Car Club has launched in Stevenage providing an eco-friendly transport option for people within the town.
Schemes such as the Enterprise Car Club have lots of benefits for those joining, including:
- users having the option to rent cars by the hour or for the whole day.
- enabling access to newer, more environmentally friendly vehicles
- removing the costs and hassle of vehicle ownership (including certain requirements associated with tax, MOT, fuel, insurance, servicing and repairs)
- allowing people to avoid vehicle depreciation costs
- decreasing household parking expenses
- helping users to try EVs without the need to purchase one
- providing access to employment opportunities and services where public transport is less viable
- allowing access to a choice of vehicles to suit the requirements of a particular journey
- cars based at Swingate.
Councillor Lloyd Briscoe, Executive Member – Economy, Enterprise and Transport said: “I’m excited to see an EV car club come back to the town. The previous car club was popular, but closed due to the pandemic and now seems to be the right time for us to re-introduce this with a new provider.
“Enterprise Car Club provides a sustainable method of transport for residents who do not need use of a car all the time. It also saves them on charges such as MOTs and servicing. There is no cost to the council and working in partnership with Enterprise we’ve been able to launch the scheme together. The electric vehicle charging points were already installed and under-utilised within the location, so this seemed like a good opportunity to make use of those charging points too.”
How to join
Monthly charges start from £20 a month, with an hourly rental cost of £6.15. There are lots of different plans on offer, so it’s worth establishing which works best for you. To find out more information about signing up and the plans available please use the button below.
Looking to save a bit of cash?
Well, by signing up now (before 30 September 2023) and quoting Stevenage10 the joining charge for residents with a Stevenage postcode is £10 instead of £60 and you can bag yourself an extra £10 driving credit at the same time. So why not give it a go?
Enterprise Car ClubEnterprise Car Club - opens new window
Dan Gursel, Managing Director of Enterprise Car Club, said: “We are delighted to partner with Stevenage Borough Council to deliver a new sustainable travel option for residents and visitors. The cars are based at Swingate, close to the railway station which will enable people who arrive by train to easily access a car for the final part of a journey.
Our Car Club service helps reduce air pollution and congestion as well as giving people the opportunity to try an electric car. Once someone becomes a member, they have access to our complete network of around 1,500 vehicles in more than 220 towns, cities and communities across the UK. This means they can enjoy hassle-free motoring not only in Stevenage but also when travelling elsewhere.”