Car-Cruising Injunction granted - update
Following a hearing on 7 December 2020, Luton County Court has extended the term of the injunction against car-cruising throughout the borough of Stevenage for at least two years. The terms of the Final Injunction and the Court papers will be added to this web page shortly. The papers for the previous interim injunction are set out here.
- Amended Claim Form - G00LU797 - pdf (93.8 KB) - opens document in new window
- Amended Particulars of claim - G00LU797 - pdf (185.8 KB) - opens document in new window
- Car Cruise - Injunction Order - pdf (686.9 KB) - opens document in new window
- Car Cruise - Power of Arrest - pdf (269.1 KB) - opens document in new window
- Map - Schedule 1 of Injunction Order - pdf (2.3 MB) - opens document in new window
It is a criminal offence to breach the terms of the injunction.
Cllr Sharon Taylor, Leader of Stevenage Borough Council said:
“We are extremely pleased that the Court has now extended the injunction. Our aim, when we applied to the Court was to protect the safety of the general public, and to prevent the associated anti-social behaviour and nuisance that comes with car cruising. The Court’s decision means that the problem of car-cruising can continue to be controlled over the long-term.”