Over 50s Activities
Exercising at moderate intensity for 30 minutes at least 5 days per week has been linked with important health benefits for older adults.
Physical inactivity is a known risk factor for a range of chronic diseases and conditions that threatens the population’s health.
The benefits of living a healthy lifestyle are as follows:
- Helps maintain the ability to live independently and reduces the risk of falling.
- Reduces the risk of health conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, colon cancer, and diabetes.
- Reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression and fosters improvements in mood and feelings of well-being.
- Helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
- Helps control joint swelling and pain associated with arthritis.