Street Cleaning Programme
Our street cleaning programme provides a frequent cleaning of streets, gullies, car parks, public conveniences and other public areas.
- continuously litter-pick town centres
- sweep roads once every ten weeks
- remove accumulations of rubbish from public land
- empty litter and dog bins at least once every two weeks
- assist with your locally organised clean-ups.
You can help us by:
- being tidy with your litter and chewing gum
- using the free recycling facilities
- having waste collection contracts for your business
- not leaving your dog's mess for others to remove
- not fly posting – it's untidy and illegal
- not parking where you want us to clean
You can report your concerns regarding street cleaning online.
All public highway areas are scheduled for regular cleaning. However, from time to time, operational requirements may vary the frequency.