Skip to content

We need to know any changes in your circumstances within 4 weeks of the change.


  • Changes in any of your income, e.g. wage increase, pension increase etc
  • Increase / decrease in capital of your or your family
  • If you start or stop receiving Income Support or other benefits, for example, Job Seekers Allowance, Tax Credits etc.
Notify us of a Change in your Income - opens new window

Household detail

  • If someone comes to live with you
  • If some living with you moves out
  • If circumstances of someone living with you change (non-dependent income goes up or down)


  • Your rent changes
  • You move to a new address
  • You or your partner go into hospital
Notify us of a Change of Address - opens new window

Personal Details

  • Date a child leaves school or child Benefit stops
  • Date if you have another child

Please note that there are certain changes where you will not need to notify the Council, these are:

  • Changes in the age of any member of the family or non-dependant;
  • Changes in the regulations.

We require proof of changes in the form of original payslips rent books, bank statements etc. We cannot accept photocopies

Any delay in telling us could seriously affect your Benefit.

Notify us of a Change in your Circumstances - opens new window

The Benefits Service

Daneshill House

01438 242440