Change of Circumstances
We need to know any changes in your circumstances within 4 weeks of the change.
- Changes in any of your income, e.g. wage increase, pension increase etc
- Increase / decrease in capital of your or your family
- If you start or stop receiving Income Support or other benefits, for example, Job Seekers Allowance, Tax Credits etc.
- If someone comes to live with you
- If some living with you moves out
- If circumstances of someone living with you change (non-dependent income goes up or down)
- Your rent changes
- You move to a new address
- You or your partner go into hospital
- Date a child leaves school or child Benefit stops
- Date if you have another child
Please note that there are certain changes where you will not need to notify the Council, these are:
- Changes in the age of any member of the family or non-dependant;
- Changes in the regulations.
We require proof of changes in the form of original payslips rent books, bank statements etc. We cannot accept photocopies
Any delay in telling us could seriously affect your Benefit.
The Benefits Service