Skip to content

What is the 'Tell Us Once' service?

During the upsetting and stressful time of losing someone, you'll need to tell many government agencies. With your permission, the free and optional Tell Us Once service allows you to tell those government agencies in one go.

How do I use the service?

Before using the service, you will need to register the death. During the appointment, the Registrar will give you a unique reference number and advise you about how to use the service.

Who does the Tell Us Once service notify?

The Tell Us Once service can notify the following departments:

  • Adult services
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Blue Badge parking permit
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Children's services
  • Council housing
  • Council tax
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
  • Electoral services
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Library services
  • Overseas Health Team
  • Owe payments to council
  • Passport Service
  • Tax Help for Older People
  • Working Tax Credit