Equality Impact Assessments
Why we do Equality Impact Assessments
An Equality Impact Assessment is a process that helps us to evidence and understand the impacts that our decisions might have on different types of people, and improve them where we can. These decisions can relate to existing services, policies and functions, plans for future changes and new projects.
We use Equality Impact Assessments to identify potential positive and negative impacts on protected groups, and look at how we can improve the delivery of our services.
Equality Impact Assessments have been used in Stevenage for a number of years and are a really useful way of showing how we consider the needs of our diverse communities and staff.
The assessments help us to:
- Consider the differing needs of people in our community and workforce.
- Demonstrate to all of our stakeholders that we place great importance on meeting and understanding the needs of different residents and employees
- Ensure that decisions are made in a fair, transparent and accountable way.
- Focus our activity on delivering positive outcomes for our communities instead of being process-driven.
- Meet our legislative requirements under the Equality Act 2010 and Public Sector Equality Duty.
Final General Fund and Council Tax Setting 2022/23 and Capital Strategy 2021/22 – 2025/26
Staff Equality Impact Assessment 2022-23
Equalities and Diversity
Stevenage Borough Council