Solar Together Hertfordshire
Solar Together Hertfordshire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage.
In a pledge to become Net Zero by 2030, you can see an overview of our climate actions, along with other local plans in place to help tackle this major issue and improve sustainability in years to come. Find more information about our pledge on our Climate Change page.
Stevenage Borough Council has partnered with Hertfordshire Climate Change and Sustainability Partnership (HCCSP) and iChoosr Ltd, who are independent experts in group-buying, to bring Solar Together to Hertfordshire’s homeowners.
Solar Together Hertfordshire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Hertfordshire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. See our Planning Pre-Application Advice page for more information.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register for free and without obligation on the Solar Together website. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation, by 27 October 2023.
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
- Auction: A reverse auction will be held where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: from 9 October 2023, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. We will let you know how long you have to accept your recommendation and update you before the scheme closes.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date.
You can register today using the link below.
- 43 Schemes
- 300,000 registrants
- Over 75MW solar power installed
- Over 22,000 installations
- Over 250,000 panels installed
- Over 460,000 tonnes in CO2 avoided
- £185 million private investment
- 15-35% savings against the market average.
Figures correct as of June 2023. To find out more about the most recent iChoosr Annual report, check out the iChoosr website.
Help desk support
If you have a question, see the frequently asked questions on the Solar Together website.
You can contact Solar Together using their contact form or call 0800 285 1347 (Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm).
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders.
Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.