Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
This page shows what information we routinely make available and how you can access it.
Our Publication Scheme is designed to signpost you to information we regularly release as, and when it becomes available. There are seven classes of information and information falling into each of these classes is published as detailed below:
Who we are and what we do
Information relating to Stevenage Borough Council, its role, management, structure and key contacts including;
- Council Constitution
- Council Structure - available under Part 7 of the Constitution
- Location and opening times of Council properties, openings and contact details for all customer-facing department
- Currently elected councillors’ information and contact details
- Election Results
- Data Transparency
What we spend and how we spend it
Information relating to Finances including:
- Financial Management - Financial statements, budgets and variance reports
Financial Management Includes:
- Risk Management Strategy
- Capital Strategy
- Spending Reviews
- Financial Audit reports
- Member's Allowance Scheme - Members’ Allowance Scheme and allowances paid to councillors each year
- Spending over £250
- Senior Staff Salaries - please refer to Data Transparency under 'who we are and what we do'
- Procurement Policy - Details of contracts currently being tendered
- Procurement Portal - List of contracts awarded and their value
- Contract Register
- District Auditor report- can be found under Financial Management
- Internal Financial regulations - please refer to 'Who we are and what we do' under Constitution (Part 4, 4F - Financial Regulations).
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Information relating to strategies, plans, performance, inspections and reviews including:
- Reviews - Council Performance
- Corporate Plan
- Capital Strategy - Please refer to Financial Management available under 'What we spend and how we spend it'
Strategies developed in partnership with other authorities
How we make decisions
Information relating to decision making process and records of decisions including:
Our policies and procedures
Information relating to protocols and procedures for delivering services including:
- Policies and procedures for conducting council business - Please refer to the Constitution available under 'Who we are and What we do'
- Policies and procedures for delivering our services?
- Policies and procedures about the recruitment and employment of staff
- Customer service and complaints
Lists and registers
Information relating to public registers and council records including:
- Public registers and registers held as a public register
- Land and Property Asset Register
- Councillor Register of Interest
- Members Allowance Scheme - please refer to 'What we spend and how we spend it'
- Register of gifts and other hospitality - This is held as a manual record at the Council offices contact email@example.com
- Highways, footpaths, common land, public rights of way, schools, care services, waste management - these are all Herts County Council functions, please refer to ‘services by other organisations’
The Services we offer
Information relating to services for the public and business including:
Regulatory and licensing responsibilities
Services for local businesses
- Business Rates
- Commercial lettings
- Business Advice and Support
- Economic Development
- Market Stalls
- Land Sales
- Licensing and Street Trading - please refer to 'Lists and registers'
- Pollution Control and advice
- Commercial Waste and Recycling
Services for members of the public
- Car Parking
- Council Housing
- Environmental Issues
- Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) - please refer to 'Services by other organisations'
- Local Land Searches - please refer to 'Lists and Registers'
- Rubbish, Waste and Recycling
- Street care and cleaning - See 'Environmental Issues' above
- Small land sales - refer to 'Land Sales' above
Services by other organisations
Visit Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) for information on the following services:
- Births, deaths and marriages
- Care and support services
- Common land
- Public Rights of Way
- Education and Schools
- Fire and Rescue
- Highways and Footpaths
- Waste management
Advice and guidance
- General enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publication scheme – email@example.com
We will not unnecessarily withhold information and are committed to making information about our services and activities accessible. However, under the Act, the council is entitled to withhold certain types of information where an applicable exemption applies.
A full list of the exemptions can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Applications under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
See Freedom of Information Act if you wish to make a request for information under the Act.