Council services advice and updates
Following Government advice to limit social contact in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we have either suspended or made changes to the way our services are delivered.
Services suspended until further notice
- Daneshill House main reception - closed until further notice
- Cavendish Road depot - appointment only
- All SBC events
- Community Transport
- Play Centres
- Play areas are closed
- Regeneration Visitor Centre
- For leisure facilities see Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) for information
Important information and advice
Use the links below for further information about the individual services
- Guidance if you are trading or considering re-opening to trade
- Household Waste and Recycling Centre has now re-opened
- Refuse and recycling replacement containers
- Customer Service Centre - closed for walk-in services but you can make an appointment to visit us
- Animal business guidance and dog walking handover protocol
- Noise issues
- BBQs and Bonfires
- Cemetery services
- Car Parks - Card payments only.
- Parking Enforcement
- Housing - Supporting our tenants and residents
- Mutual Exchanges
- Letter to social housing residents
- Major works programme
- Waste and Recycling collections
- Stevenage Indoor Market
- Information for private sector tenants
- Comments and complaints procedure
- Stevenage Museum
- Benefits and Financial Advice for people affected by Coronavirus (HCC leaflet)
Grounds maintenance (grass cutting, tree works etc.), and street cleansing services continue to operate a full service. However, due to the ongoing challenges, we need to incorporate Covid safe measures in our delivery of these services which may occasionally impact our normal schedules.
Private rented sector
On 28 March the Government issued the following guidance for landlords and tenants.
Below is a list of our essential services still providing support:
- Waste refuse and recycling - collecting residential waste and recycling services to help keep the town clean.
- Bulky waste collection
- Supported Housing services - schemes helping people to live independently.
- Housing Supply and Housing Options including Homelessness Statutory function - information and advice housing in the town, including council housing.
- Temporary Accommodation - the latest updates on short term accommodation.
- Lettings - information and advice about becoming a council tenant.
- Benefit Service - information about financial support available from the government.
- Council Tax
- Business rates
- Rent – your rent and other charges.
- Customer Service - ways to stay in touch with the council.
- Community Development - we still have 2 wardens out and about the town
- Community Safety – information and advice on council services to keep you safe.
- CCTV – information about our dedicated control room.
- All statutory Environmental Health Services, this includes:
- All statutory Licensing Services - information on licences the Council is responsible for administering.
- Planning and Development - planning applications submitted to the council.
- Building Control