Council services advice and updates
Following Government advice to limit social contact in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we have either suspended or made changes to the way our services are delivered.
Services suspended until further notice
- Daneshill House main reception - closed until further notice
- Cavendish Road depot - appointment only
- All SBC events
- Community Transport
- Play Centres
- Regeneration Visitor Centre
- For leisure facilities see Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) for information
Important information and advice
Use the links below for further information about the individual services
- Guidance if you are trading or considering re-opening to trade
- Household Waste and Recycling Centre has now re-opened
- Refuse and recycling replacement containers
- Customer Service Centre - closed for walk-in services but you can make an appointment to visit us
- Animal business guidance and dog walking handover protocol
- Noise issues
- BBQs and Bonfires
- Cemetery services
- Car Parks - Card payments only. Free parking for Blue Light services, care and social workers and other volunteers supporting the Covid-19 response in Swingate South car park
- Parking Enforcement
- Housing - Supporting our tenants and residents
- Mutual Exchanges - service is running now
- Letter to social housing residents
- Major works programme
- Waste and Recycling collections
- Stevenage Indoor Market
- Information for private sector tenants
- Comments and complaints procedure
- Stevenage Museum
- Benefits and Financial Advice for people affected by Coronavirus (HCC leaflet)
Due to being under increased pressure during these challenging circumstances, we have made the decision to cease all grounds and streets group working where possible. This means:
- Street cleansing will be reduced to critical services only, which is emptying litter bins
- Our grounds team will be operating lone working – for example grass cuttings in parks to maintain our open spaces for people to carry out their daily exercise
- We will have single drivers for our reactionary work – for example clearing small fly-tips, park inspections and maintaining safety related work at closed pavilions.
Private rented sector
On 28 March the Government issued the following guidance for landlords and tenants.
Below is a list of our essential services still providing support:
- Waste refuse and recycling - collecting residential waste and recycling services to help keep the town clean.
- Bulky waste collection
- Supported Housing services - schemes helping people to live independently.
- Housing Supply and Housing Options including Homelessness Statutory function - information and advice housing in the town, including council housing.
- Temporary Accommodation - the latest updates on short term accommodation.
- Lettings - information and advice about becoming a council tenant.
- Benefit Service - information about financial support available from the government.
- Council Tax
- Business rates
- Rent – your rent and other charges.
- Customer Service - ways to stay in touch with the council.
- Community Development - we still have 2 wardens out and about the town
- Community Safety – information and advice on council services to keep you safe.
- CCTV – information about our dedicated control room.
- All statutory Environmental Health Services, this includes:
- All statutory Licensing Services - information on licences the Council is responsible for administering.
- Planning and Development - planning applications submitted to the council.
- Building Control