For those that want to get out and about and meet other people, we take regular trips to places in and around Hertfordshire.
A trained driver and attendant take people to voluntary day care, community centres and lunch clubs and on outings, excursions and shopping trips.
We also contribute to the cost of Dial-a-Ride, which is managed by Hertfordshire County Council.
Details of all future trips.
Please be aware that bookings do come with conditions:
- Completion of booking forms does not indicate acceptance of booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend or postpone any trip or other service being provided, without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Payment for the trip must be made to the driver on boarding the coach.
- The charges for transport on the mini coach shall be agreed by us, and are subject to alteration at our discretion.
- We disclaim any responsibility for any article deposited in any part of the minicoach by the passenger or any other person.
- We cannot accept responsibility for individual clients whilst on the trip.
- No animals are allowed on the mini coach except for assistance dogs.
- We reserve the right to alter or revise these booking conditions at our discretion.
Booking forms are for one person only.
If you want to cancel a trip, you must notify us at least 48 hours prior to the trip. If we are unable to reallocate your seat, you may be charged.
Providing the transport are two 15 seater coaches with specially adapted tail-lifts.
Seat belts must be worn at all times. Seats can be removed to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
You can request to be included on the community transport mailing list.
More help with transport
You can apply for Dial a Ride transport.
North Herts CVS also operate a Community Transport Scheme for people who are unable to use public transport due to age, frailty, impaired mobility, disabilities and special needs. They can be contacted on 01462 689402 or by using, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Older People's Services
Stevenage Borough Council
Textphone: 01438 242555 (voice telephone for people who are deaf or have problems with their speech)