Youth Mayor 2021-22
Stevenage Youth Mayor formally represents and promotes the interests of young people who live, work or are in education in the borough. The role is also an Ambassadorial one.
Youth Mayor candidates will be elected by their peers through a democratic election process. Candidates will be supported with their election campaign by staff from Stevenage Borough Council and YC Hertfordshire.
Being the Youth Mayor for Stevenage involves the following:
- Representing the young people of Stevenage at engagements and meetings of the Council.
- Holding a seat on Stevenage Youth Council where you will feedback in civic events and Council meetings.
- Managing a Local Youth Budget.
- Accompanying The Mayor on some important events.
- Attending Full Council meetings where you will hold a non-voting seat.
- Raising the profile of a chosen local good cause or charity.
Youth Mayor Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Live in the borough of Stevenage.
- Be aged between 13 and 19 years or up to 25 years with learning difficulties and/or disabilities - (parent or guardian consent is needed if you are aged up to 18 years or up to 25 years with learning difficulties and/or disabilities).
- Undertake a term of office for one year.
- Attend the Town Twinning Tri-partite engagement visit as part of Stevenage Borough Council’s Civic group forum.
- Attend full Council meetings and act as a link to the Stevenage Youth Council.
To apply all you need to do is complete the application form and return to the Community Development Team, email and address details are provided within the application form.
Applications close at midnight on the 7 March 2021.
For further information on the role of Stevenage Youth Mayor, please call Ryan Ansell on 01438 242446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.