Rent catch-up week
Stevenage Borough Council is reminding residents to be responsible with their Christmas spending and make sure the rent is paid over the festive period.
We all have a long list of what we would like to spend our money on this Christmas, but it’s important that your rent comes first.
Week commencing 27 December 2021 is the rent catch up week, there will be no rent charged to your account this week. If you are in arrears you are still required to make payments during this week. If you pay monthly or have an arrangement in place, please continue with your usual payments.
Start 2022 on a balanced budget and not at risk of losing your home.
How to pay
There are a number of ways to pay your rent, so you can choose the way that suits you:
- By Direct Debit – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 242666 to get this set up.
- Online (you can also get your balance using our online payment system)
- Automated payment line: 01438 242345
- At your local Post Office – contact the Customer Service Centre on 01438 242242 to request a Post Office payment card or request a new one using the link below
Support is available
Free and independent rent, money and benefits advice are available from:
- Stevenage Borough Council’s Welfare Benefit and Debt Advisor – 01438 242666 or email email@example.com
- Stevenage Citizens’ Advice – on 0800 144 8848 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Your Income Officer may also be able to give you advice and assistance on paying your rent.