Local residents are set to Get Active in Stevenage
Stevenage Borough Council’s annual ‘Get Active’ day is back for its fourth year.
Get Active will take place on Friday 13 August from 11am – 3pm in the Town Square, Stevenage, and is designed to encourage local residents to increase their activity levels following the pandemic. Participants can enjoy free activities, demos, freebies, raffles and more.
- Stevenage Football Club speed cage
- Dance performances from the Purple All-Stars
- Blend your own smoothie with a pedal powered juice bike
- Free blood test from Stevenage Leisure Centre
- Free bike locks (first come first served)
- Free bike markings (walk your bike onsite)
- Prizes, including a signed football shirt from Stevenage Football Club
Councillor Jeannette Thomas, Executive Member for Housing, Health and Older People at Stevenage Borough Council, said:
“The Covid pandemic has seen many people unable to exercise, with lockdown restrictions placing limits on the amount of time we can spend outdoors and gym and leisure centres closed. Get Active offers a great way for local residents to ease their way back into exercise and start to focus on their fitness once again, so come along and have a go.”
For press enquiries contact Corporate Communications on 01438 242 168.