Hertfordshire moves into a new Tier 4
The Government has announced that, as of 00:01 on Sunday 20 December 2020, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and a number of other districts will be placed into the the new Tier 4 of the Coronavirus restrictions.
The new rules will be similar to the national measures in November. The extra restrictions in Tier 4 are:
- People should not enter or leave tier 4 areas, and tier 4 residents must not stay overnight away from home.
- Non-essential retail, indoor gyms and leisure facilities, and personal care services must close.
- You must work from home if you can.
- Individuals can only meet one person from another household in an outdoor public space.
- Communal worship can continue to take place
For more information see a transcript of the Prime Minister's speech on the Gov.uk website.