Covid-19 - Restarting Stevenage Health Walks
We are delighted to announce the restart of Stevenage Health Walks on Wednesday 21 April and look forward to welcoming our walkers back.
Please be reminded that we are adhering to the latest government guidelines, in particular, Grassroots sport guidance for the public and sports providers.
Walk leaders will do the following:
- Record who is attending the walk - we will keep this record for 21 days to support NHS contact tracing.
- Be prepared to manage incidents by carrying a face covering.
- Follow the government guidelines on social contact and physical distancing.
As a walker, you should do the following:
- Continue to maintain physical distancing, including in any facilities where groups of people congregate.
- Remind anyone who develops symptoms within 48 hours of the walk to apply for a COVID-19 test, and to support NHS contact tracing if requested.
- Gather in face masks and remove them whilst walking if you choose to.
- Remain in groups of 6 when leaving the walk.
- Bring your own pen for registration.
We appreciate that this has been a challenging time. We are pleased that organised sports and activities such as walking have been recognised as an important contribution to improving our physical and mental wellbeing.
To ensure that we keep our walkers safe before, during and after the walks, please help us all by adhering to the guidelines set out above as we continue to remain alert to local infection rates.
Walk Timetable - Updated May 2021
We are pleased to announce that our health walks have now restarted. However, to ensure that we keep everyone safe we have had to make some changes.
Firstly, to attend a health walk you must book in advance. There are limited spaces to maintain social distancing and follow new Walking for Health guidelines for Health Walks.
You need to ensure you arrive a minimum of ten minutes before the walk starts and have registered with Walking for Health. Alternatively, you can request a form to bring along before your first walk.
|Fairlands Gentle Warm Up Walk. Walking time approx. 30 minutes||Every Wednesday, must book in advance||10am||1||Fairlands Valley Park Car Park, off Six Hills Way (Costellos Café)|
|Fairlands Brisk Step Out Walk. Walking time approx. 1 hour||Every Wednesday, must book in advance||10:30am||2||Fairlands Valley Park Car Park, off Six Hills Way (Costellos Café)|
|Fairlands Monthly Walks. Walking time approx. 1.5 – 2 hours||Monthly walks on a Thursday start later this year||TBC||3||Fairlands Valley Park Car Park, off Six Hills Way (Costellos Café)|
Additional walks are coming soon so please check this page for future updates.
How to book your walk
To book your walk, contact Gerrard Aldrich on 07887 652192, Lorna Wormald on 01438 242936 or email the Sport & Leisure Team, firstname.lastname@example.org.