Prepare for Walking
On the day of the walk
Comprehensive route details will be made available ahead of each social walk. Please contact a walk leader for more information.
In the event of severe or adverse weather conditions, please check with the listed contact if the walk will continue to take place.
Where buses are used to reach the walks starting destination, a bus will be available to return to Stevenage. Timings for this will be flexible and available from the walks leaders.
For information on getting to the walks via public transport, call Traveline on 0870 608 2608 or take a look at bus timetables.
Refreshments are provided during and after the walks. Walkers receive 10% off hot drinks in Costellos Café after the Wednesday walks.
- Turn up 15 minutes before your first walk.
- Fill in a simple medical form from your leader or visit Walking for health.
- Wear comfortable shoes and waterproofs.
- Walking boots or good water proof shoes) should be worn for all longer walks.
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Inform the walk leader if you bring medication (inhalers, EpiPens or insulin).
- Dogs (even those on leads) should not be brought along on the walks.
If you are in any doubt about joining a health walk contact your doctor and talk to the walk leaders about our specific needs at your first walk.