Free afterschool and school holiday play sessions
Free play sessions for Stevenage families at Bandley Hill, Pin Green and St. Nicholas Play Centres.
All children and young people who use our play centres must be registered. The registration form provides essential information about the child, including emergency contact details of their parent/carer. This ensures that play staff are aware of all the children’s support needs, that it meets standards set by Ofsted and that parents or carers can be contacted quickly in the unlikely event of an accident or emergency.
We are using a new registration system, so if you have already registered your child you will need to do it again using the new system.
You will need to fill in a form for each child you are registering. Once you have registered you can access all of our play centres and events.
If parent or carer contact details change (for example due to a house move or a change of telephone number), it is important that you let a member of staff know immediately so we can update your records.
Attending a play session
Once you have registered you can check available play sessions and book online through the Playwaze App. The app can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store.
The play centre activity programmes are subject to change at short notice and activity priority will be given to children age 5 to 12 years.
Please note: if you do not arrive 15 minutes after the session opening time, your place may be given to someone else.
For more information please call the numbers below.
- Bandley Hill - 01438 218848
- Pin Green - 01438 726749
- St. Nicholas - 01438 722753
Guide to registering on Playwaze
Here's what you need to do to join in all the Summer fun!
- Create a Playwaze account (Parent/carers information required).
- Search for - SBC Play and Wellbeing service.
- Click on SBC Play and Wellbeing service option.
- Click the 'Join' button.
- Then click - joining a dependant button.
- Then click add new child or dependant.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Please note - For Stevenage children aged 5 to 12 years only.
- Complete one form per child.
- Remember to fill in all of the boxes on the registration form
- Then simply click on the play centre option to book the sessions you would like your child to attend. (Subject to availability).
Children under 5 years old cannot be registered on the Playwaze app and need to be registered manually at the play centre.
Please contact your nearest play centre, contact details above, if you are having difficulties using the Playwaze App and the Play team will be happy to help.
Stevenage Borough Council