Play and Wellbeing Service Terms and Conditions
Pre booked play session for 5 - 12 years
- There are no restrictions to the number of sessions booked (subject to availability).
- Your child must live (reside) in Stevenage.
- The closed access play sessions are open to children aged 5-12 years. (Registration required).
- Please contact your local play centre if you need any help completing the online registration forms.
- If you book on to a session and you don’t meet these criteria, you will receive a follow up email explaining why your booking has been cancelled.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may need to close the play centre and this may be at short notice. Parents/carers will be informed so arrangements can be made for their children to be collected.
- If children do not want to stay for the whole of the play session, parent/carers will be contacted to collect their child or give permission for their child to leave the play centre to return home.
Additional short notice on the day child spaces for 5 - 12 years play sessions
- You will need to have registered your child online to be able to request a short notice space over the phone or pop into your local play centre.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
To check if there are any spaces available at short notice, please telephone or come along to the play centre with your unique number on the day. (Subject to availability).
- Bandley Hill - 01438 218848
- Pin Green - 01438 726749
- St. Nicholas - 01438 722753
- Stevenage Families are welcome to attend the play sessions after school and during the holidays.
- Child registration is required for all children attending including under 5’s.
- Children under 5 must be supervised at all times by an adult / carer.
Parent/carers attending the play centres
- For safeguarding reasons - All adults attending will be required to give contact information.
- In order to protect you, our staff and the local community from further outbreaks of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) we need to collect up to date contact information from you each time you visit. You are required to provide us with this information in order to take part in play sessions and activities. We appreciate your co-operation in providing your details on each visit. We will continue this process for as long as we are required to, by the UK Government, to allow safe provision of sessions during the on-going pandemic.
- Please speak to play staff for further information.
- Test and Trace information is kept for 21 days –following Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) and the GDPR policy.
Protective measures during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
System of controls: infection protection and control
These additional measures will be reviewed in partnership with health experts to decide whether evidence suggests that these measures can be eased ahead of the summer.
Providers (including their staff where applicable) must always do the following:
- Prevent contact with individuals who are required to self-isolate by ensuring they do not attend the play centres.
- Ensure face coverings are used in recommended circumstances.
- Ensure everyone is advised to clean their hands thoroughly and more often than usual.
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene for everyone by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Maintain enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents.
- Consider how to minimise contact across the site and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
In specific circumstances:
- Ensure individuals wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) where necessary.
- Promote and engage in asymptomatic testing, where available.
Response to any infection
Providers (including staff where applicable) must always do the following:
- Promote and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
- Manage and report confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst the setting community.
- Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
Translating and Interpreting service
If English is not your first language and you need help with communication, our Translating and Interpreting service will be happy to help you.