Meals on Wheels
Who can order Meals on Wheels?
The service is available to any Stevenage resident who:
- has difficulty preparing a meal safely;
- has a mental or physical disability;
- has a carer who is unwell or on holiday;
- has just come out of hospital;
- is recovering from an illness; or
- is unable to cook meals after someone has died.
There is no age limit.
What meals are provided?
Hot and cold meals and a dessert, a tea meal and breakfast are available 365 days a year and are delivered between 11.30am and 2pm.
The service caters for dietary (food allergy), ethnic (Caribbean and West Indian), and cultural religious requirements (Kosher and Asian Halal).
How to order Meals on Wheels
You can apply for Meals on Wheels on the Hertfordshire County Council website.
Meals are delivered by Hertfordshire Independent Living Services.
Please note: During Covid-19, Meals on Wheels will prioritise the elderly and those identified by the Government as being vulnerable.